The Hobie Outback is one of the Worlds top selling kayak for many reasons. With 17 years of history behind this model, the Hobie design team has continued to push the boundaries making old options the new standards. While the classic Outback was a legend, the all-new Outback is truly legendary. If you’re an avid kayaker or just getting into the sport, here are the top 3 reasons to buy the new Hobie Outback:
- 2 Molded in Trays to hold tools, and gear.
- 4 Molded in fishing rods providing easy access to multiple rod storage.
- Numerous high capacity storage compartments for bait, tackle, clothing and more.
- 4 H-track mounts allowing additional accessories and optional storage for long paddles or serious fishing excursions.
- Fish Finder Ready equipped with the Guardian Retractable Transducer Shield plus 3 preinstalled wire plugs and transducer scupper hole making installation a breeze.
- Power-Pole ready stern.
- Standard Vantage CTW seat provides an additional 1.5” allowing unmatched room and comfort.
- Wide deck offers improved casting platform, additional stability and additional vantage point for sight casting.
- Standard Mirage Drive 180 and Turbo Fins providing a fast, quiet ride.
- Dual Rudder Control for easy maneuvering.
- Mirage Drive Fin recess which protects the blades while folded flat for beach or shallow water paddles.
- Kick-Up Rudder locks in to place when paddling and retracts on impact.
- Reflective bow decals for added safety under low light conditions.
Hobie Outback Specifications:
Length: 12' 9" / 3.89 m
Width: 34" / .86 m
Capacity: 425 lbs / 192.78 kg
Fitted Hull Weight: 85 lbs / 38.56 kg *
Fully Rigged Weight: 103 lbs / 46.72 kg *
Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
- Guardian Retractable Transducer Shield
- Reflective Bow Graphics
- Two-Piece Paddle with On-Hull Storage
- Dual Steering
- MirageDrive 180 with Turbo Fins
- Kick-Up Rudder
- Sail Mount
- H-Track Deluxe with H-Rail
- EVA Floor Standing Pads
- Vertical Rectangular Hatch
- Vantage CTW Seat
- 4 Molded-in Rod Holders
- Large Rear Handle
- Utility Trays
- Power-Pole Ready